- CEQ Open Government Plan
- CEQ No FEAR Notice (For more information on No FEAR and Whistleblowing, please visit www.osc.gov.)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Data Posted Pursuant to the No FEAR Act:
Leadership History and Organization
CEQ Guidance Documents
On October 9, 2019, President Trump issued Executive Order 13891, titled “Promoting the Rule of Law Through Improved Agency Guidance Documents,” which directed Federal agencies to make guidance documents publicly available in a central location online. CEQ issued a final rule in 40 CFR part 1519 to implement the Order. This website provides links to all CEQ guidance currently in effect.
CEQ’s guidance documents lack the force and effect of law, unless expressly authorized by statute or incorporated into a contract. CEQ may not cite, use, or rely on any guidance that is not posted on the webpages linked to below, except to establish historical facts.
- For guidance related to the implementation of the National Environmental Policy Act, click HERE.
- For guidance related to the Office of Federal Sustainability, housed within CEQ, click HERE.
- For guidance related to implementation of Executive Order 13807, titled “Establishing Discipline and Accountability in the Environmental Review and Permitting Process for Infrastructure Projects,” click HERE.
Any person may submit a petition to CEQ to modify or withdraw a CEQ guidance document as defined in the Executive Order and 40 CFR 1519.2(a). Such petitions should include the following:
- Petitioner’s name and contact information, including phone and email address. If the petitioner is an organization, please include a primary point of contact.
- Title and identification number of the guidance document.
- Explanation or justification for the modification or withdrawal. Petitioners should reference relevant information or enclose documentation that supports the petition to aid CEQ in its determination.
Submit petitions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the following address:
Amy B. Coyle
Office of the General Counsel
Council on Environmental Quality
730 Jackson Place, NW
Washington, DC 20503