PROTECTING OUR ENVIRONMENT: President Donald J. Trump has made it a top priority to promote a clean and healthy environment for the American people.
- President Trump’s policies are promoting economic growth, while still maintaining standards that allow Americans to have among the cleanest air and water in the world.
- While America has become the world’s number one producer of oil and natural gas, our Nation has continued to successfully cut greenhouse gas emissions and improve air quality.
- The President has also balanced oil and gas production with the interests of residents of the Southeast, withdrawing certain offshore waters from development for 10 years.
- President Trump negotiated the historic USMCA, which contains the strongest environmental protections of any trade agreement in history.
- The President signed the Save Our Seas Act to protect our environment from foreign nations that litter our oceans with garbage.
CONSERVING AMERICA’S LANDS: President Trump is ensuring that Americans can enjoy our Nation’s magnificent lands for generations to come.
- President Trump recently signed the Great American Outdoors Act, securing the single largest investment in America’s National Parks and public lands in history.
- Last year, the President signed the largest public lands legislation in a decade, designating 1.3 million new acres of wilderness.
- President Trump has taken action to help prevent catastrophic forest fires by promoting active forest management under Federal supervision and with enhanced State and local partnerships.
- The Department of the Interior has already expanded or opened nearly 4 million more acres across the country for hunting and fishing access.
- The President announced that the United States would join the One Trillion Trees Initiative to plant, conserve, and restore trees in America and around the world.
CLEANING AND PROTECTING COMMUNITIES: The President is protecting public health in America’s communities by prioritizing the cleanup of polluted areas and improving infrastructure.
- Under President Trump, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is emphasizing cleaning up communities more than Americans have seen in over a decade.
- In 2019, the EPA deleted the most Superfund hazardous waste sites from the National Priorities List since 2001.
- For the first time in nearly 30 years, the EPA is in the process of strengthening national standards to protect vulnerable children from exposure to lead in drinking water.
- To further improve water quality for Americans, the Trump Administration has invested over $38 billion in clean water infrastructure.
- President Trump has delivered infrastructure upgrades and investments for numerous projects, including directing over half a billion dollars for the Herbert Hoover Dike rehabilitation and prioritizing Everglades restoration.
- This important infrastructure will help protect and restore the ecosystems in the Everglades, defend millions of Floridians from catastrophic flooding, and help improve water quality.