HISTORIC DEREGULATORY ACTIONS: President Trump has reduced a historic number of burdensome and unnecessary regulations and stopped the massive growth of new regulations.
- The Trump Administration’s deregulatory actions across a vast array of American industries are the most significant in United States history.
- The President signed 16 pieces of legislation deregulating education, mining retirement accounts, and more.
- President Trump has slowed the growth of new regulations, adding only four economically significant regulations each year (not counting deregulatory actions).
- Between 2001 and 2016, the Federal government added an average of 53 economically significant regulations each year.
- Prior to President Trump, the norm in Washington was the addition of burdensome regulations that stifled economic growth.
INCREASING INCOME AND SAVINGS: President Trump’s deregulatory agenda is putting more money back in the pockets of American families and workers.
- The President’s deregulatory actions are estimated to increase annual household income by $3,100.
- Combined with the President’s historic tax cuts, the average household will receive an increase of more than $6,600 per year.
- Sixteen pieces of deregulation legislation signed by President Trump are expected to increase annual real incomes by more than $40 billion.
- The Trump Administration has deregulated the healthcare sector, providing more affordable health insurance for American families and lowering the cost of prescription drugs.
- Americans will save nearly ten percent on prescription drugs.
- President Trump eliminated the individual mandate penalty in Obamacare, saving Americans billions of dollars annually.
- In 2018, the President signed the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act, creating an additional $6 billion in savings to Americans every year.
UNLEASHING AMERICAN BUSINESSES: President Trump’s deregulatory actions have unleashed American businesses and spurred our economic boom.
- The elimination of unnecessary regulations has lowered costs for businesses and prices for American consumers.
- Twenty of President Trump’s deregulatory actions alone will save American consumers and businesses approximately $220 billion per year.
- The removal of crushing government mandates has allowed small businesses to invest and expand instead of wasting time and money on compliance costs.
- The deregulatory actions of the Trump Administration are increasing competition, productivity, and wages for American workers.