DEMONSTRATING OUR STRONG PARTNERSHIP: President Donald J. Trump visited India this week to build on the vital partnership between our two nations.
- This week, President Trump made his first official visit to India, working to expand our already strong strategic partnership.
- During his visit, the President spoke about the importance of the United States-India relationship before a crowd of more than 110,000 at Ahmedabad’s Motera Stadium.
- The President had the privilege of visiting some of India’s cherished cultural sites, including the Taj Mahal in Agra.
ENHANCING OUR VIBRANT ECONOMIC TIES: The United States and India benefit from strong economic ties that advance prosperity, investment, and job creation in both countries.
- The United States and India enjoy a longstanding trade relationship, exceeding $142 billion in two-way trade in 2018 alone.
- India is a growing destination for American energy exports.
- During President Trump’s tenure in office, energy exports to India have grown substantially, generating billions of dollars in American revenues.
- In India, ExxonMobil signed a deal to further improve India’s natural gas distribution network so that the country can accept even more American LNG exports.
- The President and Prime Minister Modi are working toward a trade agreement that reflects the full potential of the economic relationship between our two countries.
- The United States and India are committed to investing in sustainable, transparent, quality infrastructure in the region.
EXPANDING OUR SECURITY RELATIONSHIP: The United States and India are deepening our security relationship and helping to promote a free and open Indo-Pacific region.
- The United States is working closely with India to combat terrorism, confront global drug trafficking, and promote a free and open Indo-Pacific.
- President Trump and Prime Minister Modi are calling on other countries in the region to take steps to counter terrorism.
- United States–India defense cooperation contributes to the prosperity and security of the entire Indo-Pacific region.
- During this week’s trip, India announced it will procure over $3 billion in American military equipment, including Apache and MH-60R helicopters.
- The President and Prime Minister Modi discussed the importance of building secure 5G systems to promote a trusted networking future.