EXPANDING OUR PARTNERSHIP: President Donald J. Trump is working to further strengthen the longstanding partnership between the United States and Poland.
- Today, President Trump welcomes President Duda of Poland back to the White House.
- This visit comes at a critical time, as both the United Sates and Poland are opening our economies after months of battling the coronavirus.
- The United States and Poland share a longstanding strategic relationship firmly rooted in shared values of freedom, the rule of law, and democracy, dating back to the American Revolution.
- President Trump is ensuring that the United States and Poland continue to expand our cooperation across a wide range of issues.
- During the visit, President Trump and President Duda will discuss defense, trade, energy, and telecommunications security.
DEEPENING OUR DEFENSE COOPERATION: President Trump remains committed to building on our Nation’s already robust defense partnership with Poland.
- Poland has been a stalwart NATO Ally and is a leader within NATO in meeting commitments to contribute 2 percent of GDP to defense, with plans to contribute even more.
- Through a multi-billion dollar defense modernization program, utilizing American military equipment, Poland is further strengthening NATO’s capabilities.
- Poland facilitates critical military training for the United States and our allies and has shown exceptional hospitality and support for American troops deployed in its country.
- President Trump and President Duda have signed two joint declarations to strengthen our military-to-military and security ties.
- The Trump Administration is currently working to secure a Defense Cooperation Agreement that will further increase our militaries cooperation.
- Last year, Poland entered the Visa Waiver Program, marking a historic advancement in the relationship between the United States and Poland.
ADVANCING OUR ECONOMIC TIES: The Trump Administration is working with Poland to improve our economies, protect critical infrastructure, and achieve energy security.
- Our two nations enjoy strong economic ties, with a growing trade partnership and American investment in Poland at a record high.
- Poland and the United States share a priority of securing telecommunications and the privacy of our personal data.
- Last year, the United States and Poland signed a joint declaration on 5G to lay the groundwork for 5G security, and the United States applauds Poland for using only trusted providers and technology in its 5G build-out.
- The United States and Poland have facilitated several long-term contracts for American liquefied natural gas, helping Poland achieve energy security through diversification.
- Poland stands with the United States in the pursuit of peaceful uses of nuclear energy.
- The United States and Poland are in the process of reaching a bilateral civil nuclear agreement that will enable Poland to decisively move ahead in building large-scale nuclear plants with American technology.